Schlitterbahn Press Release:
KANSAS CITY, Kan. – Be the first to dive in to a thrilling collection of water fun when the Schlitterbahn Vacation Village Waterpark in Kansas City, Kan., opens for its first full season of operation beginning Friday, May 14. Park guests enjoy a unique tubing adventure that combines slides, rivers, chutes and beaches to create a complete family waterpark experience.
In 2010, Schlitterbahn Vacation Village Waterpark features a thrilling uphill water coaster, two mammoth tubing rivers including the world’s longest tidal wave river, three huge slides, a white water tube chute, 13 mini slides for kids, three relaxing beach areas and a giant hot tub with swim-up refreshment bar. The Transportainment™ River System allows guests to float from one end of the park to the other through a series of attractions without ever leaving the water.
General Admission for guests ages 12-54 is only $32.99 plus tax and Child/Senior Admission for guests ages 3-11 and 55 & older is only $24.99 plus tax. Guests also take advantage of Schlitterbahn’s family amenities such as FREE parking, FREE use of tubes and lifejackets. Guests are also welcome to bring a family picnic basket, excluding alcohol and glass containers, into the park.
- Bahnzai Pipeline – Climb to the top of a 42-foot-tall tower and take an open-air tube ride down a twisted path of water wrath…BAHN-style.
- Black Knight – Plunge in a tube down a fully-enclosed dark and coiled slide.
- Henry’s Hideout Hot Tub Bar – Unwind in a giant hot tub that incorporates a swim-up refreshment bar and in-water seating to create the perfect place to break from the action.
- Kinderhaven Kids’ Area – Splash and play in an area designed especially for families with smaller children. This shallow water playground includes nine mini-slides and is separated from the rest of the “big kid” activities. Conveniently located in the center of the park, Kinderhaven is surrounded by shaded seating and open-sun lounging areas. Both kids and parents have fun together as they explore the Wyandotte Express choo-choo train, a friendly frog, a giant turtle, a shipwreck and a bubbling fountain.
- Pirate Ship – Kids play on a giant pirate ship that is equipped with climbing ropes, four mini-slides and sprayers.
- Torrent Beach – Frolic in the waves on the best beach in Kansas! Whether catching rays, cooling off in the surf, or embarking on a journey through the mammoth Torrent River, Torrent Beach is the hub that connects all the elements of a great day.
- Torrent Cove – Relax on an island surrounded by the Torrent River.
- Torrent River – Float the world’s longest tidal wave river! In this continuous, endless tubing river, ocean-sized waves surge through a serpentine waterway to create an ever changing experience. Guests enter this attraction without waiting in line. The Torrent River is a signature attraction at Schlitterbahn Vacation Village Waterpark.
- Wolfpack – Take a tube and skid through an extra-wide pipeline of wild water. This oversized slide provides an experience that is a different every time you ride!
- Kristal Beach – Cool off in the shade along the shore of the Kristal River. This calm beach provides refreshment as riders on the Storm Blaster uphill water coaster fly by overhead.
- Kristal River – Relax on a tube, alligator or log on an endless, slow-flowing river during a hot summer day in Kansas.
- Raging River Tube Chute – Ride through an exciting series of white water rapids.
- Storm Blaster – Race uphill on a Master Blaster™ water coaster, another signature Schlitterbahn attraction. Storm Blaster combines the up and down thrills of a roller coaster with the unique experience of being propelled upward by jets of water.
Not only do park goers enjoy one-of-a-kind water rides, but they also may experience the Transportainment™ River System that combines the concepts of transportation, sport and entertainment to minimize the time spent waiting in lines. Throughout most of the park, visitors may stay in the water and float in tubes to the next attraction through a series of interconnected rivers, chutes, beaches and a slide with a floating queue line. Guests receive a greater “play value” by replacing time lost walking and waiting in line with more fun time in the water.
Transportainment technology links several attractions including Kristal River, Raging River, Torrent River, Storm Blaster, Kristal Beach, Torrent Beach and Torrent Cove, allowing guests to travel from one end of the park to the other without leaving the water! “We are excited to open for our first full summer season on May 14,” said Keith Fontenot, general manager for the Schlitterbahn Vacation Village Waterpark. “The Schlitterbahn Vacation Village Waterpark offers a fantastic value with amenities like free parking and tubes. Our unique collection of trademark attractions provides a tubing adventure that cannot be found at other waterparks throughout the Midwest. We look forward to providing an entirely new experience the Kansas City region and entertaining new legions of fans all summer long.”
Guests save $5 on Season Passes when they buy them at Schlitterbahn.com by May 31. The park is open Friday through Sunday, May 14-23, then daily starting May 28. The complete operating schedule, additional park information and discounted admissions are also available at Schlitterbahn.com.
Just the Beginning – This is just the beginning of the $750 million Schlitterbahn Vacation Village resort which will eventually be comprised of multiple shopping, dining, lodging and entertainment venues! Additional waterpark attractions, lodging facilities and the Riverwalk shopping area will be introduced throughout the next few years. When complete, the resort will be a year-round retail and attractions destination with more than 4 miles of interconnected rivers that carry guests between cabins, treehauses, a full-services hotel, a world-class waterpark and the Riverwalk with destination shopping, dining and other entertainment. For more information, contact the Schlitterbahn Vacation Village office in Kansas City, Kan., at 913.312.3110 or visit www.schlitterbahn.com.
Source: Schlitterbahn Press Office